Confessions of a Suffolk Photographer – The Wedding Honeymoon
Hi, I’m Wayne and I am a Travel Counsellor based on the Essex/Suffolk border in a village called Leavenheath.
Before becoming a Travel Counsellor I got myself a backpack and went off around the world. I have seen and done some amazing things and can draw on my own experiences from travelling in five continents.
When returning from my own travels I knew I wanted to turn my hobby into my job. I worked as a Travel Expert for a high street company where I was tailor making dream trips for people including adventure holidays, gap years, honeymoons, package holidays and much more.
What I love about being a Travel Counsellor is the personal service that you don’t get on the high street. We get to know our customers personally including their likes and dislikes and what makes a perfect trip for them. I also love that I am not confined to shop opening hours and can be available to fit in around the needs of my customers.
I hope to hear from you soon and we can get planning a dream trip tailored just for you.
Top Ten Tips – The Honeymoon
1 We recommend that you book your honeymoon at least 11 months before your wedding day as that is when most flights are released and they tend to be cheaper the earlier you book.
2. The most popular destinations for honeymooners are Santorini, Caribbean and Mauritius.
3. Variety is the spice of life, try an alternative destination – backpacking – glamping are an alternative to a sandy beach holiday, try a Safari instead.
4. Transport to the airport – there are lots of options, have you thought about taking a limo?
5. If you have children why not choose a destination with child care? The Caribbean all-inclusive is a great place and gives you a balance of time with the family and time for yourselves.
6. Mini moons are very popular and some countries are great at catering for shorter breaks – Have you tried Croatia or a European city break?
7. Different seasons will determine where you choose to go for your honeymoon. In Winter the Caribbean or Bali is great – for Autumn try South Africa or the Maldives, in Spring I recommend Hawaii or Mexico and Summer Europe or the Seychelles are fabulous options.
8. Places that are up and coming and are great for catering honeymooners are Cuba because of the relaxation in US travel restrictions and South Africa for a mix of luxury and safaris.
9. If you are out for Adventure then try Thailand or Vietnam you will get the best of both worlds excitement and relaxation.
10. For a budget honeymoon, the Dominican Republic is reasonably priced and you still get the luxury! However if money is no object then the Maldives is a must go place.
3 Quick Questions
1 Honeymoon destination = Caribbean Islands
2 Wedding venue in Suffolk / Essex = Stoke By Nayland Hotel http://www.stokebynayland.com/weddings
3 Wedding picture = Informal photo’s like people talking to each other so more natural looking.