Confessions of a Suffolk Photographer – Wedding Catering
Bizzibeans is a caterer which specialises in BBQ catering for weddings and parties. Todd and his team began their business by opening a cosy cafe in Long Melford which they quickly outgrew as demand for locally produced food increased. Branching out into BBQ catering, their order books soon filled and are now booked over a year in advance. Constantly evolving, Bizzibeans BBQ menu shows no boundaries.
Top Ten Tips – Wedding Catering
Booking your catering
1. We recommend that you book your catering at least 12-18 months before your wedding day.
2. The most popular dishes for a buffet are succulent BBQ roast minted lamb and delicious 6 oz aberdeen angus gourmet burgers.
3. Variety is the spice of life, don’t pick foods that are too similar. Having lamb kebabs and moroccan couscous salad are a great combination and keep costs down.
4. A tasting session is very important, we suggest you try out samples 12 – 18 months before your wedding day. This helps to build a good relationship with your caterer, you can begin to visualise how the food is presented and ensure your choice of food complement one another.
Food for kids
5. When catering for children, why not choose tasty classics like sausage in a bun, simple and easy to prepare.
6. For canapés, a selection of 3 to 4 different varieties is a good number. Our favourites are chicken caesar boats, smoked salmon and egg & bacon
The finer details
7. Work with your caterer in advance and get all the finer details organised beforehand, so you can spend your big day with your loved ones and not the caterer!
8. The most popular dessert currently, is chocolate brownie. We like to add chocolate covered strawberries to make it extra special.
9. It’s important to discuss number of guests attending and how many you would like seated at each table with your venue and caterer. If you are hiring an outside catering, produce a written agreement on who is responsible for dressing the room, if the table needs laying with or without china and most importantly who tidy’s after the event!
10. Hiring interesting plates, glasses and cutlery can add a creative twist to the presentation of your meal. Vintage crockery is very popular at the moment. Ranson and West recently met My Pretty Tea Party. http://myprettyteaparty.co.uk/contact
3 Quick Questions
Todd and his teams favourite…….
1 Canapé – Smoked Salmon with cream cheese, black pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice all on a Gluten free Rice Cracker. It’s a taste sensation!
2 Wedding venue in Suffolk / Essex – The Barn at Preston St Mary http://www.prestonpriorybarn.co.uk/index.html, it’s full of character and history, big enough for most ceremonies but still cosy and from a caterer’s point of view it has a fabulous kitchen!
3 Wedding picture – Our favourite Wedding picture has to be one taken by Ranson and West of a child taking a hot dog from the buffet, his eyes are on the prize!